There is nothing asked more at the moment than ” how do i get the round perfect butt ?” and what exercise should i do to help ?
Lets look at the best exercises, in pretty much the order of effectiveness too
- barbell back squat – done with heavy weight and low reps as well as moderate weight and higher reps. Depth as low as mobility allows but the lower the better in good form.
- deadlift & RDL – like the squat mixing up the loading and rep ranges and moving some heavy weight works the glutes a treat.
- front squat – with good depth and upright torso this a is fabulous exercise .
- lunges – walking forwards lunges are good as are backwards and reverse drop lunges for the grater range it offers.
- step ups – making the front leg do the work and powerful stepping up and controlling the descent.
- single leg glute machine – these are either plate loaded and standard weight stack. Powerfully kick out the leg and control the eccentric
- hip thrust – either with band, sandbag or barbell. 90 degrees at knee and push hips up to the ceiling powerfully.
- Kettlebell swing – using the hips in thrusting motion to take heavy kettlebell up to chest height at most
- sprinting – ever see a sprinter with poor glutes ??? exactly, hill sprints or sprints on the flat work amazing
- ghd machine ( not the hair straightener ) – difficult exercise and need foundation of strength but very beneficial if done properly.
- Heavy prowler / sled pushes – should probably be a lot higher n this list so dont overlook this one. simple and highly effective.
Good glute development is a result of consistent hard work and progressive training and if you need any support just ask us and get booked in for a new programme with a glute focus….